Skip to main content

Treatment Update: Month 3

I have been in treatment for 12 weeks:
12 weeks with Ceftin
10 weeks with Rifampin
6 weeks with Tinidazole  
5 weeks with A-bab
I also began Samsara Herbs Lyme mix a few days ago.

Symptoms that have improved:
  • Air hunger, due to Babesia, is still present (on and off) but isn't nearly as severe as it used to be. It's only a minor annoyance now. I have upped my A-bab dosage to 20 drops twice a day. 
  • Joint pain (yay!) It has let up for the last two weeks. Could be just a temporary reprieve, but I'll take it. 
  • Fatigue. I've been able to wake up and get going with my day and have more energy.
  • Insomnia. I get cyclic insomnia, and I thought it was beginning again (usually comes for a week at a time) but I only had one night of bad sleep and then went back to sleeping fine. 
  • Pins & needles continues to happen less.
  • Twitching, which has been driving me nuts for months, is finally letting up. It still happens, but usually just in the evening when I'm tired, and even then it's a lot less than it used to be.  
  • Emotional symptoms have been better. I still get bouts of feeling depressed but not as often and not as intense.
  • Headaches used to be happening a few times a week, but are occurring less and less. I find when I get them, lemon water helps, so it must be part of a herx reaction.
  • Better able to tolerate exercise. I don't struggle as much during or afterward. 
  • Joint & muscle stiffness has improved.

Symptoms that have worsened/relapsed/continued: 
  • Sinus issues haven't previously been a symptom of mine, but I'm finding I have some sinus pain and pressure, as well as ear issues. I don't have a cold, but I am not sure if it's Lyme/coinfection related or just coincidence. I've been doing lymphatic massage and that helps a lot. 
  • Throat sensations are still bugging me
  • Some GI problems have returned, but only slightly. 
  • Foot pain (due to Bartonella) continues. Not only every morning, but every time I get up after sitting for any length of time.

Comments