Skip to main content

Treatment Update: Month 4

I have been in treatment for 16 weeks:
16 weeks with Ceftin
14 weeks with Rifampin
10 weeks with Tinidazole  


Symptoms that have improved:
  • Joint pain hasn't been as often and persistent as it used to be, but it's still a there, sometimes daily.
  • Insomnia, I continue to get less nights of no sleep, although they're still happening.
  • Pins & needles continues to happen less. It used to be every time I sat down, I 'd get it in my feet, but now maybe once daily, or even just a few times a week.
  • Twitching still continues but less than before. 
  • Headaches continue to occur less.
  • Exercise tolerance continues to be about the same as last month, still consider it an improvement.
  • Bartonella foot pain is becoming less intense

Symptoms that have worsened/relapsed/continued: 
  • Throat sensations still happening, and I have yet to find a cause. 
  • GI problems continue, but haven't worsened since last month.
  • Emotional symptoms hit a new high last week. I was pretty much a complete mess, anxious and depressed. Also no motivation to do anything, and loss of interest in things I usually enjoy. 
  • Babesia symptoms flared badly this month. The week before the full moon was the worst. I had terrible air hunger which only further pushed my anxiety. Also experienced hot & cold flashes for several days. I was constantly taking my coat off, only to put it back on minutes later.
  • Feeling "off"...basically unable to pinpoint exactly what is wrong, but I just feel crappy a lot of the time.
  • I've noticed some shin and knee pain lately
Comments:

I did start out going into this month with two really good weeks. I had less joint pain, fatigue, etc. and was 100% able to function without problems. Unfortunately those good weeks were followed by 3 very bad weeks. I actually stopped the Samsara herbs I was beginning to use because I was feeling so terrible, I didn't want to add to it. I did begin activated charcoal last week which I noticed definitely helped A LOT with my physical symptoms. It did nothing for my emotional ones, though. 

I ran out of my Babesia treatment (A-bab) which is why I think my Babesia symptoms went haywire. Also, since it's a parasitic infection, the full moon definitely made it much worse. 

Today and yesterday I have been feeling much better. I'm not sure why, and I'm not naive enough to think I've turned a corner, especially since I made that mistake only a few weeks ago.

Comments

Post a Comment