Skip to main content

Pushing forward

2019 didn't start off the way I hoped, but I'm continuing my positive mindset. After flaring out of nowhere in December, then the full moon hitting...I started this month's tinctures last Monday night. Tuesday afternoon, I began with strange symptoms I've never had before - tension/muscle pain in my shoulders, neck, and jaw. It feels like my muscles are in knots. It's been happening every day for a week now, despite detoxing and even lowering my dose of antimicrobials slightly. She adds in the sida acuda every other month so it's typical to herx on the month it's in there, but she also added a new herb which is what I think is causing these strange herxes.

Otherwise, for symptoms, I've been having headaches on and off, some insomnia has come back, muscle weakness, and I've been waking up with the rib soreness again. All in all, I'm still doing alright, but really hoping to reverse a lot of this.

I woke up today after a mostly sleepless night with a full-blown cold. I'm not thrilled but it could be so much worse. I've been continuing my daily yoga practice into the new year. It's been about two months since I picked it up, and I've definitely seen a difference in my flexibility. My muscles had been getting stronger, but I've been hit with weakness again which has affected my yoga practice, but I'm just modifying things slightly and pushing through.

I decided to go off of my thyroid meds. Ever since I lost all the weight back in July/August, and went full hyperthyroid, I've been having some slight symptoms that are consistent with being overmedicated. Last blood test, my TSH looked good, but I still feel in my gut I need to try going off of them. It's been a week or so, and my shortness of breath/air hunger has improved by 90-95%. So it makes me wonder if it was actually air hunger, or shortness of breath from being overmedicated. I'm just going to continue staying off of them and see how I do.

I've gotten back to my typical healthy diet, and I've been catching up on sleep (with the exception of a couple bouts of insomnia this week) We fixed our hot tub so that's now available again to help with my symptoms. To be honest, I have been feeling discouraged after regressing so quickly, but I'm trying to see it as a part of my healing instead of a setback. Continuing to move forward with a positive attitude.

Comments