Skip to main content

Treatment Update: Month 6

I have been treating for 24 weeks:
24 weeks with Ceftin
22 weeks with rifampin
18 weeks with tinidazole

Symptoms that have improved:

  • Headaches are happening less and less 
  • Insomnia. I've been sleeping much better 
  • Joint pain has quieted down quite a bit. I'm still having occasional pain in one or two fingers, and sometimes one of my knees
  • Bartonella foot pain continues to lessen. 
  • Brain fog is pretty much completely gone. I'm not having such a difficult time coming up with words or spelling and I'm not quite as forgetful. 
  • Overall, my energy has continued to improve
  • My hair isn't falling out anymore! I got a haircut and my hair is looking much more healthy
  • Depression & anxiety has improved
  • GI problems aren't as bad. I still get some 
  • This month was the FIRST MONTH in 2.5 years that I did not have extreme ovulation pain, which is great. I'm not sure if it's due to Lyme treatment or my iodine supplementation but that was a nice surprise. 

Symptoms that have worsened/relapsed/continued: 

  • Babesia symptoms are ongoing

Comments: 

This month was mostly great. Last week I had a herx or flare, and was much more fatigued and feeling 'off' which is typical for my herx reactions. I tried a new brand of activated charcoal and I think it works even better than the brand I was using previously. After some lemon water and activated charcoal I started feeling better. I really feel like I'm getting somewhere!


Comments