Skip to main content

Transitions


Going off antibiotics has been a little rough. My stomach has been a mess, and some of my symptoms came creeping back. I'll be honest, I was panicked. It's always a guessing game with this disease, you don't know what treatment will work for you until you try it. I felt at peace with being off antibiotics, but I was second-guessing that choice. Luckily, things seem to be evening out a bit. I started taking l-glutamine between meals and I've definitely noticed a huge difference. (l-glutamine repairs the lining in your gut) I've been taking Samsara Herbs tick recovery formula for the last week, ramping up dosage fairly quickly in an effort to replace what the antibiotics were doing. I think I'll just need a bit more of an adjustment time, so I'm staying patient.

I'm not so patient about my weight, though. It's been two years since I've been able to sustain any amount of weight loss, which is very abnormal for me. I know how to lose weight, I've done it after each baby. But with the inflammation and toxins in my body, it's been pretty much impossible. I'm going to start going to the gym more often - I'm aiming for 3-4 days a week. I also decided after much research and talking with my doctor, to do a paleo diet and intermittent fasting. I eat pretty close to paleo so it won't be a difficult adjustment. I'm interested to see how the intermittent fasting goes. I read up on the different types and decided on working up to 16/8. This means I will fast for 16 hours (from 6pm-10am) and from 10am to 6pm I'll eat. I usually eat breakfast between 8 and 9 so it'll be a bit of a stretch, but I feel it's realistic for me. I could never do 24 hour fasts, I think everyone would kick me out of the house for being so irritable. The nice thing about doing both paleo and intermittent fasting is that they're good for Lyme, so it's not that I'm only doing it for weight loss but also for my health. I'm honestly skeptical of any weight loss. I lose 2 lbs and kept it off for a few months, and then the doctor lowered my thyroid meds -  and I gained 6 lbs. I don't know if it's related to that or me going off antibiotics, but it's still frustrating. I'm really hoping to see a change!

Comments