Skip to main content

The Next Chapter


As of June 16th, I've been treating for one year. I always said I would give antibiotics a year, or as long as I could tolerate them. Last week, I had to make a decision. My body was telling me it's done with the antibiotics, so I took a couple days off while I thought about what to do. On one hand, I've been finally starting to see progress; on the other, if I continue, it's very possible that it could do more harm than help.

In the end, I decided I will never again push my body to go through something it can't tolerate. It is a little bit scary to go off them, but I feel tremendous peace about it.

So what's next?

Justin and I have consultations scheduled with an herbalist many of my Lyme friends having been telling me about. He cannot tolerate the antibiotics, and I want to move on from them. She's located in Vermont, so we decided to take our whole family on a long weekend there, and on that Monday morning we'll go meet with the herbalist. I'm feeling very positive about this change in treatment. I will likely see my Lyme doctor after this, to see how we can integrate treatments. She also does herbals so I feel it will be a positive merge.

Between now and my consultation with the herbalist, my goal is to repair my gut and continue with my immune-boosting & anti-inflammatory supplements and herbs. I'm going through my current supplements and dropping anything I no longer find necessary. I estimate we've spent around $7,000 out of pocket this last year on myself alone for treatment. That may not seem like much, but we are a one-income family of 6; so for us, that's a good chunk of money. Treating with the herbalist will be much more affordable, and it will be easier on our bodies.

Comments