Skip to main content

Two Years.


Two years ago on this day, I began treatment for Lyme disease, Bartonella & Babesia. They've been two of the hardest years of my life. I cried so many tears, I had days of debilitating depression and anxiety, I experienced loss of emotions (I felt very flat, emotionally speaking) and the pain...so much pain. Taking 30+ pills a day and spending hundreds every month in the hopes of getting rid of the more than 40 symptoms I was dealing with. I lost friends, I stayed home like a recluse, I wondered a million times if I was going crazy.

And yet when I look back, I see a time of tremendous personal growth. I look at who I am now and know without a doubt I wouldn't be here if it weren't for getting sick. They say pain is a gift, and I tend to agree. No one escapes pain, it's part of life. But it's in our pain and dark times that we discover our inner strength, and who really are. These things aren't learned by life being easy.

Seeing how far I've come since starting treatment is just crazy. I've lost 25lbs of inflammation weight, my hypothyroidism is in remission, virtually all of my symptoms are gone. I'm finally back to going to the gym regularly, currently 3 times a week so I can go slow and gauge how my body is handling it. So far everything is going well. A few days ago, I even ran my first mile in three years! Getting back to the gym is a huge accomplishment for me, because only a few months ago I couldn't lift even light weights without sending my body into a flare. I'm going slow, but I'm moving forward, and I'm thrilled.


I'm feeling emotions I haven't felt in years. I'm reaching levels of physical, emotional, and spiritual healing I never thought possible. In many ways, I'm healthier than I ever was. I'm so thankful for where I am and how far I've come, and I'll never take it for granted.

Comments