Skip to main content

Things are looking up

It's been almost four weeks since I stopped the antibiotics. I'm thankful that I've stuck it out as my body adjusts to being off of them. My stomach seems to be back to normal, thanks to the two different probiotics I've continued and the l-glutamine capsules I've been taking. This is a huge relief, because I know a healthy gut is essential for a strong immune system. I've even been able to tolerate drinking coffee again without issue.


One week until our appointments with the herbalist. In the meantime, I'm still taking some herbs (pictured above). I'm working up to two scoops a day. Currently I'm at 1 scoop in the morning and 1/2 tsp in the afternoon. I actually skipped a day because I was definitely having a herxheimer reaction. Herbs are definitely effective and a lot stronger than people assume. I think it's amazing to think that the earth has provided so much for what can cure us.

The paleo diet and intermittent fasting is going well. I've lost 2.8 lbs so far. As of today my kids are back on my YMCA membership, so I can go during the day and bring them to child watch. Monday nights I go to Pound class, and they're closed on the 4th, so I'm hoping to get there twice during the day, to make 3 gym days total. I'm going to stick with 3 days for a month or two, until I feel I can handle a fourth day. It's still a bit frustrating to go there and be unable to push myself - instead of running I do the bike, and instead of rocking the weights I stick with smaller weights with less reps. But I have to respect my body and where it's at right now.

I've talked a lot in this blog about how being sick has given me a different outlook. I'm more focused on actually crossing things off my bucket list and pursuing the things I love to do. One of my big loves in life has always been horses. I rode for several years when I was younger, and I miss it all the time. I ended up getting in touch with a barn owner in my town, and I'm going to be working around the barn in exchange for lessons. My first work session is this afternoon. This barn happens to be less than a mile away from me. I'm excited and a little bit anxious about it. It's been 12 years since I've even been on a horse, and in that time my body has changed quite a bit. Even though my head remembers what I need to do, my body likely won't comply. But, I know I can't allow that to stop me from doing something that I love, so I'm jumping in.

I found out in mid-May I was accepted into the Roseland Cottage Fine Arts & Crafts Festival. It takes place in October, and it's a juried show meaning your items are judged and decided whether or not to be invited. They receive hundreds of applications, and choose 175 of the best. It was an honor to be chosen, and I was thrilled! Unfortunately, it's an expensive show ($150 for two days) and I needed to purchase a canopy tent, which was another $200. The biggest issue is building up inventory. Since it's a two day show, I want to make sure I have enough inventory, but the only time I work on embroidery is the evenings after the kids are asleep. It takes hours to complete each piece, and the last couple weeks at night I don't feel great, and if my hands hurt it makes it hard to embroider. It does stress me out. I have considered backing out (I have until the end of July to back out and get my money back) but I feel that I will regret it if I do. I think what I need to do is make more time to work on stitching, since we're done with school for the year. Man, it's so hard balancing everything! Time with my kids, time with Justin, time for my business, time for myself. It often feels like a juggling act.



Comments