Skip to main content

Going backwards

This last week has been absolutely awful. The super moon was earlier this week, and starting last Saturday I had headaches, weakness, and air hunger every.single.day. I don't know if it's related to the moon, usually the full moons don't affect me unless it's a super moon. 

I feel like I'm going backwards. I still feel awful all the time. I rarely miss a day of my meds, I'm detoxing, taking my herbs, eating well. I am doing all the right things, and yet I still feel absolutely terrible. My brain fog came back this week, which is the only symptom that had seemed to go away since starting treatment. I'm literally back where I started...likely worse off than I was when I started treatment nearly 8 months ago. 

To say I feel defeated is an understatement. 

Every time I think a symptom is finally going away, it resurfaces. Every time I think treatment is working, I come crashing back down. It's like some sick roller coaster from hell, and frankly, I'm ready to get off. I've been questioning my treatment and considering taking a break from the antibiotics. How do you know when to try something different? If I stick it out a couple months longer, will I have my breakthrough? Or will I just continue to get worse? 

I went into this knowing I would get worse before I got better. I steeled myself for it and I knew it was part of the process. But after 3 years of being sick, and then now 8 months of being EVEN MORE sick, thousands of dollars spent, I'm just feeling done with it all. 

People do get better, but some don't. How do I know which group I belong to? 

Comments

  1. You are reading my mind this morning. I'm just so done with feeling this same way. I want my life back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment